Thursday, December 7, 2023

Shimshon Wolf Rosenfeld

 I was researching the papers of a family from Nuremberg in the online archives of CJH and found an old book among the scans.

It was a pamphlet on the dedication of the synagogue in Uhfield, a suburb of Nuremberg, in upper Bavaria. The pamphlet documents the speeches and the events of the day that this Synagogue was dedicated and it was written by the Rabbi, a former student of an ancient (relatively) institution: The Orthodox Yeshivah in Fuerth. The Rabbi's name was Shimshon Wolf Rosenfeld. 

I will paste the link to his bio in the Jewish encyclopedia (HERE) but what I find fascinating is that on eBay, for a mere 900$, you can own the silver plate that sat on his table, likely under his cup used for Sabbath and Holiday sacramentals (Kiddush cup).



I am posting a picture that I downloaded from Geni and I will be on my way...until I sit down to post again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr Arthur Spier z'l

photo credit J. Gruenebaum Dr Arthur Spier  I want to write a few words about someone I never knew but always heard about when I was a child...